Saturday, March 15, 2008

Today I took the kids to the St. Patrick's Day Parade. Wish it had been a little warmer!





"Mama! No more pictures!"


We had a great time, I was surprised at how long the parade was. It lasted for an hour. The kids scooped up plenty of candy and are all now ready for some afternoon naps. Here are a few snapshots of what we saw.

Bagpipers


A green dog


Elaborate balloon costumes


The new mascot for our semi-pro baseball team, the Wichita Wingnuts. (Yes, it's a squirrel. I'm not entirely sure what a squirrel has to do with a wingnut. I'm guessing that having a screw for a mascot would have just been an invitation for too much trouble. But a squirrel? I get that squirrels hide real nuts but it's a stretch to try to connect it with wingnuts. ::sigh::)


Irish Dancers


A quasi self-portrait in the shiny side of a Model T. Wished I had brought my professional camera when I saw the reflections...


Those wild & crazy Shriners


Now it's back to sock knitting in hopes I can get a little closer to where I need to be before class in a few hours...

1 comment:

ThatMeshullam said...

Hey, Little Knitter. I noticed you aren't a huge fan of Spinner but the Wingnuts Logo is in the "sweet sixteen" of a national competition to see who has the best logo in minor league baseball. Would you vote for your Wichita team?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/23791565