Monday, March 17, 2008

$%&@!!

After a very frustrating two days I'm happy to report that my Siamese socks have been successfully separated. It seems that at some point on Saturday I made the horrible mistake of not switching yarn balls and managed to connect the socks. This horrible mistake was sadly not noticed until I had knit another two inches past it. If I were a clever knitter I'm sure I would have figured out a quick and easy way to fix this mistake. However, not being a clever knitter and terrified that I would make this mistake much worse I painstakingly unknit both socks back to the mistake two stitches at a time. This took many hours. I was not a happy mama during this time. I stayed up last night until my back and neck were aching from the concentration of trying to unknit and not drop a bajillion stitches. I finally worked my way back to the mistake this morning and have successfully separated them and even knitted a few new(? repeated?) rows past the mistake. They are happily divided and you better believe I'll be more compulsive about checking them frequently to make sure I don't do that again!

What is so frustrating is that I had been very vigilant about making sure I had the correct yarn at each switching point but it only took one time to make the mistake and it cost me hours of irritation. Oh well, I'm back on track again.

I do have to say that I'm loving the two-at-a-time knitting. I love seeing the progress and knowing that I'm close to actually being done with the entire project not just the first sock. I love efficiency! I spied some new sock yarn I'll be picking up soon. Some of the ladies in class were making their socks out of this adorable Panda Cotton which was so soft and knit up lovely.

Better run, the kids are all home on Spring Break and already making me a little nuts. It sounds as though one is practicing the piano, another the drums (we don't have any drums) and the other is rummaging in the kitchen. ::sigh::

I also have to start on dinner. Tonight is our traditional Corned Beef, Potatoes, Cabbage, Carrots & Irish Soda Bread dinner. It's every one's favorite and sooooooo good.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: