The cornbread experiment was remarkably bland. And dry. But, the kids loved it and we did have cornbread with the meal so I guess it was o.k. I'll keep looking for a better cornbread recipe and after I find a regular one I like I might try the ranch experiment again.
We've had a bit of a crazy week around here. One of my husband's best-friend's mother died last weekend so we've been spending time with the family at various gatherings. We've also had the obligatory school and work events so it's made for a lot of running around and serious calendar planning/scrutinizing to orchestrate who is where when with which kids.
In knitting news the end is in sight on my first Hibiscus for Hope sock but I made a mistake a couple rows back in the lace work and am having to rip back to find/fix it. There are literally just a handful of rows until the end so it's highly irritating. The mistake was discovered over Labor Day weekend but I was too tired to deal with it so I threw it back in the knitting basket and cast on a dishcloth. Or two. I've decided that kitchen cotton like the yarn equivalent of a candy bar display at checkout. They cheap, quick and easy. Every time I walk past the display I seem to throw one or two in the cart. I now have a little pile of all the remnants that I'm going to have to whip into something one of these days.
Well I better get back to work. The kids are all in school and I have a precious few hours to try to get the house back to some semblance of clean. Item one on agenda is to dig through the paperwork on my desk and see if there is still a wood surface somewhere below...